|Shiver me timbers, the article be a Stub, arr! Maybe ye can help expand this sorry sight|
Privateers are pirates with loyalty to one of the nations. As such they have some similarities to the Pirate career but differ in some vital aspects. For instance they cannot take command of ships. Their letter of marque states they have to send captured ships to their nation and instead get a reward equal to the Freetraders or the Navy Officers.
You possess a letter of marque signed by the King and you are charged with hunting down and destroying the enemies of the crown wherever you may find them. Though your foes call you "criminal" and "pirate", to your nation you are a bold hero and the epitome of courage. You are a privateer. You do the jobs that no one else can and take the prizes that are your due.
The following Sailing Skills are specific to Privateers:
- Career: Privateer
- Sanctioned Piracy: received for free at level 15
- Claim Prize Ship (Privateer)
- Privateers do not suffer Turning Rate Penalties associated with crew loss.
1 These skills are gained through the career quests and don't require skill points.
The following ships are exclusive to Privateers. Of course Privateers can also use the All Career ships but the ships below tend to go better with the role and skills of a Privateer.
- 'Expedition' Privateer Packet-Boat (level 19, Scout, Speed 20.25)
- 'Arrow' Privateer Frigate (level 29, Scout, Speed 18.84)
- 'Discovery' Privateer Frigate (level 37, Scout, Speed 18.2)
- 'Vengeance' Privateer Frigate (level 50, Scout, Speed 17.53)
- 'Santa Rosa' Privateer Fourth Rate (level 50, Warship, Speed 14.65)
- 'Achilles' Privateer Frigate (level 50, Warship, Speed 17.59)
- 'Intrepid' Privateer Frigate (level 50, Scout, Speed 17.3)
- 'Mignone' Privateer Indiaman (level 50, Merchant, Speed 16.65)