Differences between 0.24.0.23 and 0.24.0.26
We had a few goals with this build:
- Turn off Boarding in PvP because it was way out of balance.
- Get some tuning changes out to you so you can test them.
- Fix some bugs in the port conquest system.
We fixed a few other things while we were at it.
Known Issue: There were some errors during our testing that imply some of you may have lost something – a skill, an item, a recipe, we’re not sure what. If you think you lost something when we moved from Beta to Testbed, log a GM Request in the support system stating what it was and we’ll see what we can figure out.
Differences between 0.24.0.23 and 0.24.0.26 include:
- We’ve turned off Boarding in PvP. Boarding in PvP will be available again when we hook up Swashbuckling Boarding (which is in the tuning/bug fix phase now so should be in the next major update).
- Revamped cannons to use 3 accuracy points instead of 2. Long range accuracy should now be functional. The Character Sheet accuracy values are outdated.
- Reduced the bonus to hit ships based on size.
- Cut the weight of ammo in half.
- Ships below level 10 can’t lose their last two guns per side.
- Increased damage to Fort guns so they lose guns faster than ships.
- Reduced other Fort stats to make them easier to take down.
- Restricted non-civilian Merchant ships to Freetraders. Restricted SOLs to Navy.
- Increased the sail integrity of warship variants
- Increased the speed of larger ships on the Open Sea.
- Fixed a bug in the global wind settings. This improves the sailing performance of all ships in both the Open Sea and in encounters.
- Fixed a bug that made the Stralsund and the Flute easier to hit.
- Reduced the capacity of the civilian merchant ships to approximately 60% of the regular version.
- Increased the capacity of the Oliphant to 1000.
- Increased the sail integrity on the Brig.
- Slightly increased the Running and Beam Reach speeds on the Stralsund, MC Stralsund and Sleek Defiant.
- Changed the top deck guns on the Raa from 9lb to 4lb.
- Fixed the graphical scale of the cannons on the La Belle.
- Fixed a bug with invitations not being sent for some Landmark Battles.
- Fixed a bug where a surrendering NPC wouldn’t give you Landmark Unrest points you deserved.
- Added the Naval Ships book to the books loot table. Shoulda been there already.
- Fixed a mission server crash that could result when the group leader and the mission owner were out of sync.